With WSB CardControl you can:
- Turn cards on or off
- Establish transaction controls
- Receive alerts
- Get Real-time balances
With the WSB CardControl app, you can save time and gain peace of mind knowing you're in control of your WSB debit and credit card with the smartphone in your hand.
Turn your card on or off, in an instant, for any reason.
Control transactions by category or by dollar amounts.
Easily set, customize and modify purchase alerts.
You’re in Control with WSB CardControl. Get the App today!
- Real-time alerts keep you informed when your cards are used
- Transaction controls allow your cards to work only when your mobile device and merchant locations match
- When your cards are "off", no withdrawals or purchases will be approved.
- Set spending limits for general use or specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries or retail stores.
- Establish controls by setting device location
- Change control setting parameters at any time
Use the transaction controls for merchant codes, location and thresholds to ensure employee spending adheres to your company policies.
Review Balances and Transactions
Monitor your finances from anywhere. Use the WSB CardControl app to check your account balances.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
- What is WSB CardControl?
- WSB CardControl is a card management app and fraud mitigation tool for our cardholders. WSB CardControl gives you the freedom to manage and customize your card usage and settings from the convenience of a smartphone.
- Do I need a smartphone or tablet to use WSB CardControl?
- Yes. WSB CardControl will operate on both Android and Apple devices. It is compatible with their most recent software releases, as well as the past two generations.
- Are West Suburban Bank credit and debit cards supported with WSB CardControl?
- Yes, WSB CardControl supports both West Suburban Bank credit and debit cards.
- Does WSB CardControl reflect the card status?
- Yes, the Card Details screen displays the Card Status.
- What are the WSB CardControl password requirements?
- WSB CardControl passwords must be at least eight (8) characters in length and must contain at least one (1) upper case character, one (1) lower case character, one (1) number and (1) special character.
- How do I enable Verify Apps to download with Google Play Protect on my Android Device?
- Google recently added a new utility used to secure your device. Google Play Protect scans all apps for malware before and after you install a new app. You may receive a message that you need to verify apps when downloading the WSB CardControl App. To do so, follow these steps:
Open the Settings app and go to Google > Security > Google Play Protect then click on the Settings Icon > Disable 'Scan device for security threats' Go back to the WSB CardControl app to resume the downloading. (when completed, go back into setting to re-enable 'Scan device for security threats').
- Can multiple cards be linked to one registered WSB CardControl account?
- Yes, cardholders can register multiple West Suburban Bank credit and debit cards within a single WSB CardControl app. Additional cards can be added within the "Settings > Add Card" screen. Only the standard West Suburban Bank card design will appear.
- When loading more than one card on a device, what type of information is needed in order to register each card?
- The same level of details will be entered as for the original West Suburban Bank credit and debit card. This information generally includes the card number, address, ZIP code, expiration date, and CVC code.
- When receiving a reissued or replacement card, will I have to update the card within WSB CardControl?
- If the card number is new, then you must "add" the new card number to the profile. In addition, you must delete the old card by accessing Settings then Manage Accounts.
- What exactly is "My Locations" controls, and will this control setting impact internet transactions?
- My Location allows you to set all in-store transactions to be denied if your mobile device and merchant locations don't match. These controls impact "card present" transactions only, therefore internet transactions are not impacted.
- If My Location is set but the primary device is off, will transactions get denied outside of the My Location area?
- WSB CardControl ignores locations information that is more than one (1) hour old. So if the phone is off for more than an hour My Location controls will not take effect, and the transaction will not be denied on the basis of the old location information.
- What happens if My Location is set but the phone is left at home? Will transactions be denied outside the My Location area?
- WSB CardControl performs a proximity check at the granularity of zip code or city, so if the merchant is close to home then the transactions will still go through.
- If a parent registers a card for a child, what stops the child from changing the controls placed on the card?
- Each person who registers a card will have access to controls and alerts for the card. In many cases, however, the child will not know about WSB CardControl unless the parent shares the information.
- Will location controls, merchant controls, threshold controls, and turning the card "off" impact previously authorized recurring transactions?
- Previously authorized recurrent payments will continue to process and will bypass the WSB CardControl edit checks.
- How does a user turn off notifications at certain times, such as when the user is sleeping?
- The user can set the "Do Not Disturb" time that will suppress notification during the set times. Some notifications will still be delivered, such as any transaction denial or any transaction that is a card-present authorization.
- How long does it take for a control or alert setting to take effect?
- Settings take effect as soon as the "Updating information" message in the app stops.
- Are the alerts sent as email or "push" notifications to the device?
- WSB CardControl alerts are sent as push notifications to the phone. The alerts also display under "Messages" in the WSB CardControl app.
- If I am traveling, do I still need to inform West Suburban Bank to ensure access to my card?
- Yes. West Suburban Bank fraud protection rules are still in place for every transaction looking for fraudulent activity. These rules supersede WSB CardControl settings. Please inform us of travel plans through a secured message in Online Banking or call our Customer Care Center at (630) 652-2000.
- A threshold limit of $50 has been set but the user can't fill gas in some stations. Why?
- There are some merchant types where a merchant will pre-authorize the card for an amount that may be larger than the actual transaction amount. In this instance the pre-authorized amount must meet the threshold spend limit.
- A threshold limit of $50 has been set, but the user can fill gas in some stations for more than $50. Why?
- WSB CardControl controls are only invoked during the authorization of a transaction. In some cases, such as Gas Stations, a card may be tested for validity by doing a $1 per-authorization, and the actual transaction amount is charged to the card after the transaction. Some gas stations will do a pre-authorization for a maximum amount, e.g. $126, and some gas stations will check validating, e.g. $1. In the latter case, the actual transaction amount may exceed the limit, while in the former case, an authorization may be denied.
- Does the app show recent transaction history?
- Yes, the app shows the 50 most recent debit card-based transactions posted within the past 30 days.
- Why are Balance Inquiry transactions generated when I log on to the WSB CardControl app?
- When you log on to the WSB CardControl application, a Balance Inquiry transaction is performed to retrieve the balance. A balance inquiry is performed on every account listed. The application will not initiate more than one balance inquiry within 30 minutes if you press the Refresh button. You should always refer to online banking, mobile banking, or ATMs for latest account balances.
- Will the balance be updated to include non-debit card transactions?
- The balance will be updated to reflect non-debit card transactions. The balance is updated the next time you log into WSB CardControl. You should always refer to online banking, mobile banking or ATMs for the latest account balances.